Ming-Ka Chan, BSc (Psych), MD, MHPE, FRCPC
Dr. Ming-Ka Chan is a Clinician Educator and Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Child Health at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada.
Dr. Chan's current roles include:
Dr. Chan's academic interests include leadership development in healthcare learners; feedback and assessment; transitions in the education continuum; competency based medical education; and program evaluation. She co-lead with Dr. Deepak Dath, the CanMEDS 2015 Manager Role Working Group who spearheaded the Role name change from Manager to Leader.
- Director, Education & Faculty Development, Department of Pediatrics & Child Health
- Assistant Director, International Medical Graduate Program, University of Manitoba
- Founder and Co-Facilitator, Annual Canadian Pediatric Resident Leadership Conference
- Founding member, 'sanokondu' (an international community of practice dedicated to fostering health professional leadership education worldwide) www.sanokondu.com
- Co-Chair, Toronto International Summit on Leadership Education for Physicians (TISLEP) Planning Committee tislep.pgme.utoronto.ca